If you have a damaged tooth, there is a good chance that a dental filling can restore both the beauty and chewing function of your smile. Read on to learn how Dr. Dana Cuculici of A World of Smiles Dental in Tampa, FL, uses of state-of-the-art filling material to maximize your oral health!
More about Fillings
So, how do you know if you need a filling? Well, you may notice a few signs of tooth damage, including:
- A visible hole or crack in your tooth
- A black or brown stain on your tooth that you can’t brush off
- Broken, crumbling borders on an existing dental filling
You may also notice some painful symptoms which may indicate the presence of tooth decay or tooth exposure including:
- A sharp pain when you chew or bite down
- An aching pain when you eat or drink hot or cold foods or beverages
- A continuous tooth pain that doesn’t go away
If you experience any of these signs or symptoms, there is a good chance you need a dental filling. Your doctor can help you decide which filling material is best for you. You can choose from:
- A tooth-colored filling, which is created using composite; this liquid material can be matched to the color and shape of your teeth so that the filling enhances the natural beauty of your teeth. Composite is placed as a liquid and hardened with an ultraviolet light.
- A metal filling, which uses a combination of metals to form amalgam; these fillings are strong and durable, but they lack the natural look of composite. Amalgam fillings are a great solution for your back teeth.
- A glass ionomer filling, which can also be matched to the color of your teeth; glass ionomer fillings are an excellent choice for tooth roots, providing virtually invisible protection.
Give us a call
Dental fillings can restore damaged teeth, making your smile strong and beautiful once again. To find out more about dental fillings and other dental services, call Dr. Dana Cuculici at A World of Smiles Dental in Tampa, FL, today!